Forklift lead-acid battery electrolyte:
The specific gravity of the lead-acid battery electrolyte is 1.28 when the standard temperature is 15 degrees Celsius. When the single cell voltage of the lead-acid battery drops below 1.5 volts, or the specific gravity of the electrolyte drops to 1.17, it indicates that the lead-acid battery is discharged and must be charged in time. The electrolyte level of the battery must be 10-15 mm higher than the pole plate. If the liquid level becomes too low, distilled water must be added quickly, and no other liquids may be added.
Forklift lead-acid battery maintenance:
The lead-acid battery used in the forklift should generally be charged once a quarter by an off-board charger for maintenance. The charging current is the lead-acid battery capacity divided by 10, and the charging time is about ten hours. Forklift lead-acid batteries that have not been used for a long time should be fully charged, placed in a cool and dry place, and charged every month or so.
Forklift lead-acid batteries should pay attention to the following matters:
1. The lead-acid battery of the forklift truck will produce flammable gas, which may cause an explosion. It is strictly forbidden to smoke near the lead-acid battery of the forklift truck, and it is strictly forbidden to generate any flame or spark. Forklift lead-acid batteries must be stored or charged in a well-ventilated place but not at the air outlet to avoid corrosion caused by acid mist.
2. The lead-acid battery fluid contains corrosive liquid, which may cause serious burns. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothes. If an accident occurs, please rinse with plenty of water immediately and seek medical attention immediately.
3. When checking or maintaining forklift lead-acid batteries, please use rubber gloves to avoid electric shock.
4. The surface or connection of the lead-acid battery of the forklift truck must be kept clean. Dust, impurities, etc. must be removed with a damp cloth. Otherwise, it will leak electricity and even cause a fire.
5. When cleaning the lead-acid battery of the forklift, be sure to use a damp cloth, not a dry cloth.
6. Do not use tools to connect the positive and negative electrodes of lead-acid batteries of forklift trucks.
7. When charging the forklift’s lead-acid battery, the electrolyte’s temperature should not exceed 50 degrees Celsius to avoid damage caused by the overflow of the electrolyte, especially during the summer and daytime.
8. Before unplugging the lead-acid battery of the forklift, in order to avoid sparks, be sure to turn off the forklift’s key switch and battery charger switch the forklift.
9. The electrolyte level should not be lower than the limit. Otherwise, the lead-acid battery of the forklift truck will be easily heated and burned.
10. Keep away from children.
If you have more battery-related ideas, please leave a message in the comment area for discussion. If you have any idea of buying lithium-ion batteries in bulk, you are also welcome to inquire about battery solutions and prices. GeePower research and development Team engineers are all doctoral and postgraduate teams from many domestic universities with more than 10 years of lithium battery experience.